Thursday, October 27, 2011

Retirement Road Trip 2011: Day 63, Thursday 10/27

249 miles, and camped in the driveway of Matt and Jaime Sipher, Shinnston, West Virginia.  Poor Zoey.  I had her sit in the rain for the picture.


When I went to bed last night in Ohio, the temperature was 65 and the stars were shining.  When I woke this morning, the temperature was 44 and it was raining.  Either the Weather Gods are telling me that its time to end the road trip, or else I'm way too far north.  :-)

It rained the entire trip today.  The flat corn fields of Ohio turned into the rolling hills of West Virginia.  Some of the leaves were still on the trees, so I got to see some Fall color.


Once I arrived, I almost felt like I was home.  Matt and Jaime's house was my first stop on this trip 63 days ago.  Now I'm back.  My daughter in law Jaime was intent on carving a pumpkin this evening, and it turned out really well.  However, getting Chasen to smile on command is another issue.  Believe me, he does smile a lot when the camera is not around.




Kaylin slept through the carving ceremony.  I did grab a couple of pictures as she was waking up.  I last saw her when she was six days old.  She has changed so much during the last two months.



Friday I take the day off and hang around the grandchildren, Chasen and Kaylin.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.