Monday, October 10, 2011

Retirement Road Trip 2011: Day 46, Monday 10/10

223 miles, and camped at Indian Grove Campground in Joshua Tree National Park.


I left Lake Isabella about 10:00.  I had to drive east back over Watchman Pass again.  Driving down from Watchman Pass, I went through a small grove of Joshua Trees.


Then I took 395 south, picked up 247 southeast and finally 62 east to Indian Grove Campground at Joshua Tree National Park.  The campground has about 100 sites, of which only about 20 were occupied.  This is probably one of the most beautiful spots I have camped at.  It's primitive.  No water, no electric, no showers.  But is it ever quiet and pretty.  The view from my back door is spectacular.





I love the forests and mountains, but there is something really really special about a warm wind blowing over the desert,  a mountain sunset, and a nearly full moon rising.  I don't know if I have a favorite spot yet from this trip.  Someone asked me that, and I couldn't answer.  Every place has it's own unique special qualities.





Tomorrow I spend the day and explore the park......

1 comment:

  1. Have a favorite place? To me, it's like asking a child about their best friend. I have always told Lauren Marissa that her next "best friend" is just around the corner, waiting to be discovered. Your journey reminds me of that Dave.

    Good Journey...

    And thanks for sharing so many photos. They are wonderful, especially since I've never seen so many of the sites you are posting.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.