Monday, October 17, 2011

Retirement Road Trip 2011: Day 52, Sunday 10/16

402 miles and camped in the driveway of Kristin and Max Eaton just outside of Tucson, Arizona.


The fact that I'm in Tucson means that I've made the turn toward home.  The general direction of travel now will be east.  I have an additional traveling companion.  Karen Bigarel (she is the sister of my late wife Kathy) has never driven across the United States. As circumstances would have it, I was in Palm Springs about the time of her daughter's wedding, so Karen is joining me for the two week drive back to Gouverneur.  It will be nice to have my own personal chef for two weeks.  :-)


We left Palm Springs mid morning.  I was partied out, and I think most everyone else was too.  I was anxious to get back on the road.  It is a strange feeling, but when you are on a road trip, you start to feel antsy when you are parked in one place too long.  I've had other travelers tell me about that same feeling. The drive to Tucson was uneventful.  It was a hot 101 degrees and the Interstate 10 was busy.  The scenery was desert and more desert.  We did see a couple of large, highly irrigated farming operations.

We did pass though the Sonoran Desert National Monument, and got to view huge vista's of Saguaro Cactus.



We arrived at the home of Kristin and Max, just outside of Tucson, about 6:00 PM.  Kristin is the daughter of some very good friends back in Gouverneur, Don and Barb Sadue. Max and Kristin met while they attended college at St. Lawrence University in Canton.  They have an absolutely beautiful home that is landscaped in traditional desert style with cacti and rock.


I can't wait to see more of the area on Monday..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.