Monday, October 15, 2012

Road Trip 2102: Monday 10/15

276 miles, and camped at Fallon RV Park, Fallon Nevada.

Mt. Shasta to Fallon, Nevada

Site 19, Fallon RV Park

Bob, my sister Karen and I decided to eat breakfast at the the Black Bear Diner in Mt. Shasta.  There is a chain of Black Bear Diners in the west, but the original one was in Mt. Shasta.  The servings are HUGE.  I couldn't begin to finish it all, so I took the left overs to stock my fridge with.  Bob and Karen are very gracious hosts.  I had a great time at the chalet in Mt. Shasta.  You just can't beat great wine, great food, great conversation and great scenery.

I was on the road about 10:30.    I drove through quite a transition of environments today.  I started with the ponderosa pine forests of Northern California and ended up in the dry desert of Nevada.




On Tuesday I plan to drive across Nevada on Rt. 50, which advertises itself the Loneliest Road in America.  I'm not sure of my camping plans tomorrow.  Guess I'll just play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.