Sunday, October 28, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Saturday 10/27

0 miles and still camped at Matt and Jaime's.

The adventure is winding down.  Sorry, no pictures today. :-((

This morning I was glued to the Weather Channel watching the "Superstorm" Hurricane Sandy reports.  It looks like New York State will be impacted.  I hope to be  home in time Sunday night to batten down the hatches.

Matt went deer hunting this morning.  I guess he's started looking for trophy racks to hang in the man-cave we are building.  Later in the day Jaime took the kids to a birthday party, so Matt and I were free to hammer, saw and make all the noise we wanted.  We got a lot done.  We even snuck in some time to watch a little college football.  I have really enjoyed working on Matt's house over the past five years, watching it grow from a dream to a beautiful reality.

The first and last day's drive is the longest on this trip. Door to door from my house to Matt's is 560 miles, or just about a ten hour drive.   Zoey and I started this road trip with Matt and Jaime as the first stop, and we're ending it with their house as the last stop.

I'll check in again Monday morning after I get home.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.