Monday, October 29, 2012

Road Trip 2012: The End, Sunday 10/28

577 miles, and HOME!!!  So, the final road trip tally is 20 States, 53 days, and 9,709 miles.

I don't know if Zoey is happy, or bored now that we are home.  :-)

Not much to report, except that the drive was long, and the weather was messy.  Fog and rain plagued us most of the way home.  I think I was caught in the weather system that was tracking west to east, and is going to merge with Hurricane Sandy on Monday.  We arrived in Gouverneur about 6:00 PM, and I went to Karen and Alfie Bigarel's for dinner.

Kaylin got over being camera shy by the time I left.
A foggy and rainy I-79 in West Virginia.
The leaves are all gone in NNY.

It's Monday morning now, and I'm unpacking the camper and getting ready for the impending storm.  Most of the schools in the area are closing about noon today, because of the High Wind Alert that has been posted by the National Weather Service.  Boy, this is a far cry from those warm, sunny days out west.  I miss them already.  :-))

After I do laundry, restock the refrigerator, and sort through the mail, I think I'll start planning my next trip.  Maybe this winter.  We'll see.............

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your positive attitude. It has been an extreme pleasure to follow your most recent adventure. Thanks for sharing it with "home bodies" like me! I think I should retire and go on a trek of my own.

    Welcome home and, as always,

    Good Journey...

    Your ole bio buddy,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.