Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Tuesday 10/23

326 miles, and camped at the home of Steve and Elizabeth Randall in Eldridge, Iowa.  Steve and Elizabeth were in the same high school class with me in Gouverneur.


Omaha, Nebraska to Eldridge, Iowa.


Well, today was the second straight day of fog and drizzle.  I sure got spoiled by the day after day blue skies out west.  We pulled out of the campground at 8:00.  The fog was low, and it was raining mist.  I decided to take Interstate 80 today.  That road would be the quickest way to Steve and Elizabeth's.  The sooner I got there, the more time we had for catching up.

Early morning fog and mist on I-80.

Other than the morning commute traffic on I-80 going through the city of Omaha, the drive was relatively easy.  But after spending the entire day yesterday on the two lane Rt. 6, I can absolutely tell the you that the scenery on the interstate is no where as nice.  On the interstate you see more billboard signs, more hotels and gas stations, and quite often more trees to block your view.  As I said in a previous post, in general the interstate highways are good for getting you from point A to point B in a hurry, and not for the scenery.

More morning fog and mist.

Look close.  A farmer tilled the work "MITT" on his field.

Wind mills in the fog.
About noon, the sky started to brghten.

Iowa farmland.

Typical Iowa view of corn field yet to be harvested.

I arrived in Eldridge just about 2:00.  We spent a bunch of time catching up, went out to dinner, and then more time catching up.  Wednesday we head farther east and hope to camp somewhere in Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.