Thursday, October 11, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Wednesday 10/10

0 miles, and still at Cory's.

This turned out to be a second day of downtime, which is good.  Tomorrow things start to get busy again.  Thursday, Cory and I are planning a day trip to Crater Lake.  Then Friday it's off to Mt. Shasta for a few days, and then about Monday I make the turn east and start for home.  The trip home will include visits in Fort Collins and a final stop with Matt and Jaime in West Virginia.  The scheduled arrival home date is the 28th or 29th.

Cory and Molly both left for work about 6:45.  I made a leisurely breakfast and surfed the internet.  Cory has high speed access, so that's a treat for me.  One of my favorite sites is http://www.ted.com/talks.  The TED talks are 20 minute presentations about science and culture from some of the most gifted and creative people in the world.  I ended up spending a couple hours watching some extremely interesting presentations.  One that I stumbled onto today was by Barry Schwartz about the need for practical wisdom as an antidote to a society gone mad with bureaucracy.

The afternoon was sunny and warm.  I found the Eiger Dreams book by John Krakauer  on Cory's bookshelf and ended up sitting in the sun and reading all afternoon.  Even the dogs soaked up the sunshine.


We ended the day with barbecued chicken for dinner.




Thursday Cory and I are off to Crater Lake.  Good timing, because the run of sunshine is ending.  Rain is in the forecast for Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.