Friday, September 7, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Thursday 9/6

560 miles: Parked at Matt and Jaime Sipher's home near Shinnston, West Virginia for a few days.


I left Gouverneur 7:30 AM on the dot.  I pulled into Matt's yard about 5:15 in the afternoon.  The 560 mile trip was all Interstate except the first 15 and the last 5.  Generally, Interstates aren't the most scenic drives, but they do get you from point A to point B the fastest.  I have made this drive so many times, its almost like a commute to work.  The road construction was minimal, and the traffic was reasonably light.  That's one advantage of traveling in the "off season."  I did see a lot of RV's on the road of all shapes, sizes, and luxury.  They're probably retired geezers like me who hit the road when summer is over.  :-)

I was "attacked" by one tiny, but very heavy rainstorm about 10 minutes after I left my house.  It didn't last long, but I was treated with a beautiful double rainbow.


Matt and Jaime have two children.  Chasen is a three year old boy and his sister Kaylin is one. Kaylin just started walking, and Chasen never stops walking.  He is a whirling dervish.



Well, that's all for now.  Its been a long day.  I'll hang around here until Sunday, and then head to Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.