Sunday, September 9, 2012

Road Trip 2012: Friday 9/7 & Saturday 9/8

I spent two full days with Matt, Jaime, and grandchildren Chasen and Kaylin.  Their home is located on 20 acres of West Virginia hilltop.

They have built the place from scratch, and every visit I try to help out.  In fact, Kathy and I spent the entire summer here in 2007, parked in our 5th wheel camper, helping them build the house.  That was one of the most fun summers we ever had.  Here is a picture from 2007 of Kathy and Jaime staining woodwork.


This visit I contributed by helping Matt work on finishing the cellar space.  We build a valance/shelving cabinet that will hang over a future bar area. The plan is to have a man cave/recreation space, along with a spare bedroom located there.  I really enjoy working on home remodeling projects like this.


Spending a couple of days with a three year old and a one year old brings back memories of raising young children.  They have soooo much energy.  How did we ever do it?


Friday evening Jaime's parents, Gary and Linda Graham, hosted a family gathering. The Graham's are very fortunate to have all four of their children live within a short drive, so family gatherings are numerous.  I'm envious.

Sunday Zoey and I travel to my sister Mary Ann's place in East Lansing, Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.