Thursday, August 27, 2009

Days 28 and 29: 8/26-27, Queensbury

25 miles: still parked at Justin and Amy's

The last two days have been very relaxing and rewarding. Nothing earth shattering or exciting. Just very enjoyable being able to be with the kids and grandkids. Justin and Amy have gone to work each day. Camry still goes to pre-school for a few more days. So I got to hang with (and supervise) Cody.

Wednesday morning I got caught up with some of my online banking. I can get on Justin's WIFI network, which is much faster than my Verizon aircard. Then Cody and I went to Subway for lunch, and we did some recreation shopping at Lowes and Home Depot. Leslie Sutter called. She is the high school art teacher at Potsdam and has taught next door to me for the past 15 years. Leslie and her husband spent the summer in England and she had flown back into Albany on Tuesday. She was driving to Potsdam and knew I was in the Lake George area. So Cody and I met her at Starbucks and visited for an hour or so. It was fun exchanging travel stories and getting ourselves pumped back up for the classroom next week.

Wednesday night Justin and Amy took me out to dinner at a neat little brew pub in Glens Falls. It was warm enough that we ate in the outside dining area. Cody went to an overnight birthday party, so it was just Justin, Amy, Camryn and I. We called it "Camryn's Graduation Dinner." After dinner we went to Lowes to pick up parts for a plumbing project that Justin needs done.

I spent the day Thursday repairing a leaking pressure tank on Justin's water system. It's one of those jobs that can be real simple, or a disaster. This one wasn't too bad. Fortunately everything went well and Cody and I had to only make one additional trip (darn) to Lowes for parts. However, we did find it an excuse to have lunch at KFC.

The plan Friday is to head to Cranberry Lake and camp there for the last two nights of my trip. Cody and Cam are going to camp with me (if they don't get cold feet) Friday night and Justin and Amy will come up to camp with us Saturday night. We hope to meet Karen and Alfie Bigarel there. There is a 50% to 60% chance of rain for the weekend. Joy, joy. On the other hand, if I survived five days of rain in Montana, I guess I can tough it out for two more. Sunday will be the day Zoey and I pull back into my driveway after having been gone for 32 days. Hope the cat still remembers us.

See ya.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.