Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 24 and 25: 8/22-23, West Virginia



0 miles (60 miles on Matt's car): still parked at Matt and Jaime's.

This has been one relaxing weekend! On Saturday we went to a Wing Cook-off in Morgantown, where we met up with Jaime's parents and sister. It was HUGE affair! Eight restaurants had tents set up and were peddling their specialty wings. I'll bet there were 5,000 people there over the course of the afternoon. Now lets see, 5,000 people times, maybe 10 wings each. That equals 50,000 wings served!!!!! There was a car show as well with with moderns, classics, and antiques.

The most work I did Sunday was to wash 3 weeks of dust and road grim off the truck and camper. It needed a bath real bad. Tonight we are going out to dinner. I have had a really nice time with Matt, Jaime and Chasen, doing almost nothing. Real peaceful. I even had some time to teach Chasen how to blog.

On Monday Zoey and I head to Justin and Amy's in Queensbury, NY. We are going to take 2 days to get there. My road atlas shows US Route 6 in Northern PA as a scenic route, so we are going to try that. I'll probably camp somewhere in Pennsylvania Monday night and get to Justin's Tuesday afternoon.

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.