Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day 2: Stafford, NY to East Lansing, MI


464 miles: camped in East Lansing, MI

My Uncle Lester Mullen served me blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and I was on the road by 8:00 AM. No leisure driving today. Interstate all the way. Buffalo to Cleveland to Toledo to Ann Arbor to East Lansing. I love E-Z Pass on the NY Thruway. But what's up with Ohio? I had to actually stop and pay at a toll booth. BTW, the speed limit in Michigan is 70.

Got to my sister Mary Ann and her husband Eric's house about 3:30. My reserved driveway space was ready and in 3 minutes I was all parked and setup. Much quicker to set up a truck camper than a 35 foot 5th wheel.

Zoey travels really well. We stopped 3 times for water, bathroom, and stretch the legs breaks. Her travel routine is pretty much called sleep. Her built in motion sensor automatically wakes her when we slow below 30 miles per hour so she can sit up and look out the window. Anything faster than 30 and she goes back to sleep. If only my kids were like that growing up. :-)

My sister Karen and her friend Bob are here, as well as all of Mary Ann's 3 children and their children. A group of us went to a Class A baseball game Friday night. The Lansing Lugnuts. What a cool team name. This is what baseball should be. A crowd of 11,000 in a small but beautiful stadium with lots of family entertainment. Food and beer stands, along with a entertaining electronic scoreboard. And the best part, no high priced, overpaid players. Just guys (kids) who love to play baseball, but probably dream of becoming high priced and overpaid. I had a great time!

I'll be parked here until sometime Monday. Then I head for Wisconsin. There is a 4 hour ferry trip across Lake Michigan that I'm looking into. It would save about 500 miles of driving. I have to call to see about getting my camper on.

Stay tuned. I'll be in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. A beautiful day here in Gouverneur. Going to check up on the cat this afternoon...everything here is fine.
    Keep us posted!
    Lisa and Bob (Luke, Mark and Gabby)

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.