Monday, September 9, 2013

Road Trip 2013: Mt. Shasta, CA to Roseburg, OR

Sunday 9/8:  178 miles and parked in my son Cory's driveway in Roseburg, Oregon.



It was a pleasant and short drive today.  My sister Karen and Bob had a four hour drive back to their home in Oakland.  Cory and I had a three hour drive north to Roseburg.  Cory and I spent the afternoon watching football.  Cory's girlfriend, Molly, showed after dinner and we sat around and visited.

I'm going to take the camper off the truck since I'll be here for the week.  I plan to catch up with laundry and some online banking and bill paying.  Cory has a few house projects to work on and I'll take a day trip or two this coming week.  One of the places I want to explore is the Oregon Caves National Monument.

Next week I work for Molly.  She is an archeologist for the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) and she is conducting an archeological investigation at a site along the North Umpqua River.  I get to help as a volunteer.  Sounds like fun, although I've been told it is nothing like the Indiana Jones movies.  Oh well.     :-)

There is a neat website called Passport in Time where you can apply for volunteer work on projects like this.  It might be fun to try some other projects in the future.

Guess that's all for now.  Boring day, but sometimes boring is good.................


No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.