Monday, September 2, 2013

Road Trip 2013: Final day in Amherst

Sunday 9/1:  Final day in Amherst

Amherst is an amazing small community.  It has only about 1,000 inhabitants, yet supports an art gallery, antique shop, hardware and grocery store, several restaurants and churches, and a thriving school system.  There is an extremely active community center called The Jensen Center, where Dave is the President of the Board of Directors.  The community center brings in guest speakers and concerts.

The Central Waters Brewing Company is a hub of activity.  The community has a very active social scene.  The University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point is only 12 miles away and Stevens Point is a hub for major shopping needs.  From their house, Dave and Ann can walk to the grocery store, dentist, doctor, coffee shop, hardware store, etc.   I really enjoy the Amherst community.

I spent the day doing laundry and tidying up the camper.  Things tend to get a bit messy after staying in one place for five days.  I did some grocery shopping to stock up for the run to California.  I also did some reading and, I cannot tell a lie, took a Sunday afternoon nap.

I grilled some chicken for Dave and Ann for dinner using the Cornell BBQ recipe.  We had a campfire and turned in early.


Monday I start a four day dash to meet my sister and her friend, Bob, along with my son Cory and his girlfriend Molly at a cabin in Mt. Shasta, California for the coming weekend.  I hope to spend Monday night in the Bismarck, North Dakota area.  Guess that's all for now................

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.