Thursday, August 29, 2013

Road Trip 2013: Summit Lake to Eldridge, Iowa

Tuesday, 8/26:  365 miles, camped at home of high school friend, Steve Randall, Eldridge, Iowa

Summit Lake SP to Eldridge, Iowa

Steve Randall's drive way

Zoey and I went for a three mile walk, and then packed up the camper to leave Summit Lake State Park.  The water was calm and and the air slightly foggy.

Morning mist over Summit Lake

The drive to Eldridge was uneventful.  I was in a hurry, so I was willing to put up with Interstate traffic.    Corn and soybeans!!  That's all you can see for miles and miles.  It's easy to see why agriculture is so important to the economies of Indiana and Illinois.


Windmills in a soybean field.

Corn as far as you can see.

Soybeans as far as you can see.

Crossing the Mississippi River

It was a sweltering 95 degrees when I pulled into Steve's driveway in Eldridge, Iowa.  The local radio station said the heat index was 101.  Am I ever glad I had air conditioning installed in the camper a couple weeks ago!!  Steve and I had a great evening grilling steaks and catching up.

On Wednesday I head for Amherst, Wisconsin.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.