Saturday, August 24, 2013

Road Trip 2013: First stop, West Virginia

Well, its time for another road trip.    I'm heading for Oregon again.  I left Friday, August 23rd, and will return October 1st.  This trip is a little different in that it a destination trip rather than a journey.  What I mean by that is that I have certain stops and visits to make, so I will rush from point A to point B, and then stay awhile.  Then rush to point C and stay awhile.  Get the picture?  Not as much time meandering on two lane roads this time.

The stop today is to spend the weekend with son Matt and family in West Virginia.  Matt and Jaime have two wonderful children, Chasen and Kaylin.




After West Virginia, its on to see a high school/college buddy Steve Randall in Iowa, and then to friends Dave and Ann Wright in Wisconsin.  I'll hang out there until Labor Day, and then make a mad dash to California to meet up with my sister Karen and her significant other, Bob, in Mt. Shasta.  From there  its on to Oregon to hang out with son Cory and his girlfriend Molly for a couple of weeks.  My significant other, Judy, is flying out to join me for the 12 day return trip.  The drive back east will include Crater Lake National Park, Arches National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park.  Then we have scheduled a tour of the New Belgium Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado and will stay with  friends Betsy and Stan Johnson.  From there its back to Amherst, WI, for a second really short visit with Dave and Ann.  Then its on to my sister Mary Ann and her husband Eric in East Lansing, MI, and finally, on October 1st, HOME!!!

I'm traveling with my truck camper and my trusty blond and petite companion Zoey.  For those who don't remember, Zoey is not another girlfriend, but my seven year old Golden Retriever.  :-)

Stay tuned...........

1 comment:

  1. Bon voyage, Dave. You and Zoey are like Travels with Charlie. Remember that book?
    Say hi from me to all my friends and family that you'll see on your way. It'll be fun to watch your trip.

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.