Sunday, August 28, 2011

Retirement Road Trip 2011: Day 2, Saturday 8/27

0 miles, still camped at Matt and Jaime's.

Here I am with my West Virginia grandchildren, Chasen and Kaylin.



We spent most of the morning glued to the TV watching coverage of Hurricane Irene. I kidded that my New York evacuation plan was to spend a couple days in West Virginia. The weather here was beautiful with a scattering of clouds and temperatures in the mid 80's.

This afternoon we decided to build a rabbit hutch for Chasen's bunny. After a trip to Lowes, we ended up building a hutch that cost $100. All this for a rabbit that was free. :-)

Sunday I leave the comfort of family and head west.  I plan to camp at a State Park in Indiana Sunday night and stay Monday night in Iowa.  The goal is Livingston, Montana before the Labor Day Weekend where I'm meeting Dave and Anne Wright.  They are long time friends who are always a great time.

See ya.............



No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.