Saturday, August 27, 2011

Retirement Road Trip 2011, Day 1: August 26th.

Friday, 570 miles, camped in the side yard of Matt and Jaime's home in West Virginia.

I left Gouverneur about 8:00 in the morning.  I didn't take the scenic route.  I had a lot of miles to cover and I just wanted to get there.  I've driven this trip so many times, I can almost put the truck on auto pilot.  The Thruway to Erie, PA was very busy.  I-79 south was less so except around Pittsburgh.  I managed to hit there right during Friday rush hour.  :-(  Between pit stops and construction, it took me almost exactly ten hours door to door.

After some quality time meeting my new granddaughter Kaylin, playing trucks and tractors with grandson Chasen, grabbing take out wings for dinner, and catching up with Matt and Jaime, Zoey and I crashed in the camper.  That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.