Monday, February 22, 2010

Back into downhill skiing

My brother in law Alfie Bigarel (Kathy's sister's husband) decided that I need something to do on weekends during the winter. So, after a thirty year lapse, he dragged me back in to downhill skiing. I think partly he was genuinely concerned about me, and partly he wanted to sell his ski equipment to me so he could get new equipment. J Anyway, I have had a blast! I've been four times now, and I feel real comfortable on the slopes. When you live in Northern NY, you either complain about the winter or do something about it. The exercise and camaraderie have been great. So far, my only outings have been to Titus Mountain in Malone. But I have my eyes set on other slopes as well. I have also developed a much greater appreciation for the talent of the 2010 Olympic downhillers in Vancouver. I scream with excitement (and fear) at 15 miles per hour, and they are going 70 to 90 miles per hour!

This past weekend Cory came to visit from Oregon. I haven't seen him since we camped at Glacier National Park last August. We met at Justin and Amy's house in Queensbury. On Saturday the whole crew packed up and went to ski at Titus Mountain. We had a real fun time together. We met the Bigarel clan there as well. Cody and Camryn got out on the bunny hill, and by the end of the day, Cody was going down the big hill. By the time the weekend was over, Cory had Cody and Cam in the local climbing gym. We all had a fun filled few days together. It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.