Monday, May 6, 2013

Oregon: May 2013, Days 5 and 6

Sunday was a slow and relaxing kind of "catch up" day.  Cory and I took a long walk, and then we both took long naps.  :-)  Molly went back to her house in Eugene.  Eugene is the home of The University of Oregon where Molly is doing some graduate work in archeology.  Later in the day, Cory and I drove to Eugene and stopped at the Ninkasi Brewing Company.  The weather was an exceptionally warm 85 degrees.  We sat outside and enjoyed one of their craft beers.  Then we joined Molly at her house for snacks/dinner and visited with their friends Dustin and Jaime until late in the night.

Sipping a cold one at the Ninkasi Brewing Company.

Early Monday morning Cory drove back to Roseburg for work.  Molly was working in Eugene for the day, so we went out for breakfast.  After breakfast I left for Portland, where I'm flying out of Tuesday morning.  With time to kill, I decided to visit the Portland Japanese Gardens.  They are proclaimed to be the most authentic Japanese Garden outside of Japan.  They were outstanding!!








View, from the gardens, of Portland skyline and snow capped Mt. Hood.

Tomorrow, the loooong flight home.  My connection is Portland to Newark, New Jersey, and then on to Syracuse.  This has been a wonderful trip visiting with Cory and Molly, but it will be nice to get home.  I miss my blond traveling companion.  :-))   I hope to drive out to Oregon with my camper in September to help Molly with an archeology dig.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.