Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Starting Over


Where to begin?

This adventure starts with a life altering event. My wife and best friend of 40 years, and the mother of my 3 sons, Kathleen Mason Sipher, died on Good Friday, April 10, 2009 after a 40 year battle with cancer. A close friend of mine said that it was going to be interesting watching me "reinvent" my life. Well, this trip is the start of that reinvention. I purchased a truck camper and now I'm heading West to meet one of my sons in Glacier National Park in Montana. That's 2,635 miles one way! And then I have to get home to start work on September 1st. But, I have a traveling companion. She is blond, petite, and beautiful. Zoey is a 3 year Golden Retriver. So in the footsteps of "Travels with Charlie" by John Steinbeck and "Blue Highways" by Willian Least Heat-Moon, this is my journey. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Siph,
    This is great! Have a wonderful time! Enjoy your trip and family! This is the best way to spend your summer; You and Zoey..."hitting the road".... I love this blog!
    Krob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siph and Zoey, It sounds as if you are having a wonderful time and aren't we glad that there is always a Walmart Superstore around when you need it!
    This blog is terrific so keep the information coming.
    Hopefully this trip will help ground you and give you the clarity and direction you'll need for the coming year.
    Falv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galcier sounds beautiful! Glad the weather has been with you and enjoy your son's company.
    Falv

    ReplyDelete

We enjoy and appreciate feedback. Please feel free to add your name to make it more personal. Thank you for checking in.